Every member of the Candor Health Education team has a special role to positively impact children through their everyday efforts, regardless of whether they serve primarily in the classroom or the boardroom. Candor Health Education promotes a healthy, professional, and collaborative work environment where everyone’s voice is heard and ownership is shared amongst the team. The staff is responsible for upholding the mission, vision and core values of the organization by establishing and achieving strategic goals. Collaboration among community members and schools is highly encouraged in order to implement the shared vision of the team.
At Candor Health Education, a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace is one where all employees and volunteers (whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, identity, education, disability, or religion) feel valued and respected. We are committed to a nondiscriminatory environment and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement in all departments and programs. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candor Health Education Intern
Winter Internships (January - April)
Spring Internships (May - August)
The intern for Candor Health Education is part of a dynamic team of professionals committed to motivating youth to lead healthy, happy and safe lives. The Intern will be engaged by all areas of the organization including Education, Operations/Client Relations, Communications, Development and Special Events. The Intern will observe educational programs, support the educational team with evaluation, standards alignment and curriculum review and will assist with tasks in all departments of Candor Health Education in order to experience a full range of non-profit health education organization functions. This is an unpaid internship, eligible for college credit in some courses of study.
Essential Function: to support Candor Health Education staff as needed
- Observe and support health education programs to improve content and delivery.
- Collaborate with staff from all departments to improve messaging and increase sales.
- Establish expertise in education trends and youth culture, utilizing that expertise to enhance Candor Health Education’s product line.
- Be an ambassador for Candor Health Education, promoting a positive and professional image of the organization.
- Contribute to the culture of high performance, innovation, personal accountability, teamwork, adaptability and leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Candidate should be seeking a degree in a health-related field and have a keen interest in prevention education.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are required, as are attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Sufficiency with Microsoft Office is necessary.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and independent, with a willingness to collaborate on all mission-centered projects as necessary.
- Some weekend and evening hours may be requested.
Please submit resumes and cover letters to email@example.com.