Sexual Health Education for Young People with Special needs look at building healthy relationships from friendship to romantic partners. Content includes the importance of consent, how to communicate in romantic relationships, understanding reproductive anatomy, the importance of sexual health care, and forms of sexual contact. Also included in the program is online safety including privacy, sexting and sexually explicit media.
- Recognize different types of relationships
- Identify behaviors that are part of romantic relationships
- Identify forms of sexual contact, including sexual intercourse
- Understand potential consequences of sexual contact including STIs and pregnancy
- Understand ways to reduce or prevent the risk of STI and pregnancy
- Explore strategies for staying safer online