This 45-minute live virtual program will provide students with the information they need to make an informed decision about vaping. A Candor Health Education educator will lead students through an interactive program that explores the vaping of nicotine and its potential effects on a person’s body, brain and social emotional well-being. Students will learn more about what a vape is and explore the parallels between vaping nicotine and smoking cigarettes, including vaping’s tie to the tobacco industry. Next, students will hear from young people about when and how their habit began and how it quickly turned into an addiction. From there, the focus will be on the physical, mental and financial impact that a vaping addiction has on a person. The program finishes with what a young person can do to either remain vape free or to try to quit the habit, as well as ways to help friends who have developed a vaping habit.
During the program, students are encouraged to use their own device to participate in group polls and ask questions directly to the Candor Health Educator.
A Candor Health Educator facilitates a program that includes:
- Exploring the relationship of traditional cigarettes and vaping and the marketing of vaping toward teens
- Identifying the impact of vaping on the brain, body and mental health
- Exploring the science of addiction
- Strategies to promote a healthy brain and body
- Question and answer opportunities with a health educator
Program Fee: See Complete Program Fee Grid >